Is your network secured and supervised? EdgeSentry provides OSI layer 2 and layer 3 security, with monitoring for unauthorized devices, unauthorized connections between devices and connections to off-LAN addresses. Each device is supervised for network activity, ping or SNMP connectivity. Know the instant there is a problem on your network even if it is using unmanaged switches.
... and EdgeSentry is easy to install.
EdgeSentry Security Context
Every security site has a unique balance of security risks and security factors that make up the site’s security context. A security product can only be understood or judged in relation to a site's security context.
- Network Intrusion Detection at Layer 2 and 3 of the OSI Model
- MAC Authentication
- Device monitoring
- Network monitoring
- Monitoring of off-LAN network connections
EdgeSentry does not address:
- Risks from email and web surfing (these should be eliminated from a security network entirely or at least tightly controlled)
- Enforced use of strong passwords on security devices
- Risks from a poorly configured internet firewall
A detailed security posture for EdgeSentry is available by emailing: “Security Posture” to firstname.lastname@example.org